37 Replies

VIP Member

Like my father-in-law used to say, you must understand the nature of the beast. And babies can be such beasts! But if you understand their nature, then you'd know how to handle them. Babies cry for 3 basic reasons: hunger, dirty diaper, sleepy. If your baby's crying, check if he's hungry. If he isn't, then check if he has a dirty diaper. If he doesn't, then you need to help him to sleep. I know becoming a mother can be overwhelming. But please remember that being a mother means to protect your young. So please do not put tape on your baby's mouth as this can suffocate him. Don't do anything that may harm him, and that also means emotionally. So no screaming. Like you, your baby needs to be in a supportive and loving environment. It will help him to grow up with confidence, self-esteem, and the capability to love back. As for you, mum, I think you should seek help. Not necessarily professionally - but you at least need someone to take over baby duty so you can take some time for yourself and recuperate. If husband or relatives can't help, hire a nanny. You have to take care of yourself so you can take better care of your baby. Hugs, mama. Hang in there. And stay strong for both you and your baby.

Is okay to feel that way. Don't need to tape tape over the pacifier or do anything. BAby is born to cry, is normal u have to tell yourself that. when my baby is few months old I experienced the same as u like I am fail in parenting and I can't handle my baby. Until I research and know that most of the parents been through the same so hang on there. Baby grow fast, soon they will be better and u will understand your baby more. Let baby cry to sleep is not a bad idea too. But have to make sure his diaper is change, he is not hungry. Crying for baby below 3 month is good for their lungs I read an article before. But u have to monitor your baby. make sure your baby is safe and not cry for like too long. Don't worry mummy, I really know how u feel. I did vent on my baby and I will cry every night for being the worst mummy ever. Don't let your emotional control you try to control your emotions and tell yourself your baby needs you more than anyone. You have to be strong for your baby. Now my baby grow up and I kind of miss the days when he is few months old and cry then sleep. Cheer up mummy! U can always shared you feeling and emotions here. You are not alone. :)

I was like you after my confinement lady left. Husband was working and my maid was new and giving me a lot of problems. Although my little one is my second child, she is not easy to take care of and often cries a lot and I just couldnt take it anymore and I shouted at her not only once but each time when I couldn't stop her crying. I am also exclusive pump mum and was totally exhausted physically and mentally then. But it's important that we are aware of our feelings, emotions and guilt. Self awareness will make things better. I hv learnt to embrace things as it is, even if it doesn't go as planned. I also seek help Online joining 2017 mummy's Facebook and breastfeeding Facebook for support. Can rely on formula milk if that gives u sanity. Perhaps, u can try too and also talk to friends. Let out your emotions. My baby needs me to carry her most of the time and I eventually gave in to auto yao Lan for her to sleep in and I play white noise YouTube on lullaby that I found online. Things are better for me and her now. She doesn't cry so often and for Long periods of time. And I believe things would be better for u and baby too as baby grows. Jiayou mummy!

I was the same for both kids when they born. raughly when they were 1mth plus to 2 mths plus i shouted when i got so tired my mum wld help me sometime when i go to sleep in the day time but yet she's abit old now i dun depend on her most of the time. I called my SIL from other country to come over to help me i paid for all her tixs n expenses but that didnt really work too as i used to tell her many times u sleep in the day n i sleep in the night so if LO wakes up u take care of him at night she cld really understand n was also a deep sleeper then me. so i was taking care day n night time all by myself...

Am sending lots of hugs to you... Pls see if you can get some extra help (even iffir half a day or a few hours) so you can catch up on your rest, take a breather and relax a little, OK? Your boy is still very small and cannot control his emotions, but you can. Play some soft music to calm both of you. There are many reasons why a baby cries eg wet diapers, feeling hot and need change of clothes, hungry or thirsty. If all these have been done, he might just want to feel you near him, hear you talking to him softly. Try to burb him after his feed so his tummy won't feel uncomfortable. Usually after 15-20min after each feed, they might need a change of diapers. Do enjoy your moments with your baby as they are still trying to adapt, just as you are trying to find out his routine. Try to rest too when your boy is resting... It helps a little to rest your tired body. Take good care of yourself and enjoy these precious bonding time. Lots of hugs to you, jia you :)

Thank you for your honesty. It shows that there is still hope for you to change for the better. I can understand that it is not an easy task to care for a newborn baby. Perhaps, you could ask your family for some interim help to get you through this new transition of being a first time mum. Rope your husband in as well in child raising. This would ease some of your emotional stress. Lastly, do not tape the pacifier to your baby, it’s really heartbreaking. In the case of a crying child, it could be that it’s either his diaper is wet, hungry or colicky...perhaps try singing him a lullaby song..it might help as well. Babies do need some comfort and warm especially from their parents. Say a prayer with him. Your child will grow up feeling loved, confident and mentally healthy because you have made that attempt to do things right.

Hey mummy. I too got so mentally & physically exhausted when i was dealing with my first child. Ppl tell me mummy knows best but that time, i really dont know why my baby is crying. They kept saying about colic or milk or whatever. But i cannot register anything into my head cos i was just too overwhelmed and tired. So tired that i argued with everyone, shouted at my baby too. (& even my bro's dog when i was back @ my mum's home for confinement period) Thankfully my husband took things into his hands handling the night shift for baby and i got back some rest and with that my sanity came back. I could then slowly deal with things, learning that sometimes baby jus want to hug & cuddle or just want human interaction. I hope u manage to get some help and things get better for you.

I guess we were the same. I screamed at my two month old back then. And cried. But I didn't tape or anything. After she's asleep, I cried like f. At that point of time, I'm thinking why the f I did such thing. And if I'd scream at her now, why did I even choose to go thru the 9months and stitches. So what I did was I joined a groupchat. Because I know my darn husband ain't gonner understand this. This groupchat of us has e same edd. Don't be surprise some mommy are younger than you're. From there, we share experience. Those experienced second time mother then teach us how to handle such situation. And slowly la. Don't worry. Jus don't resort to use tape or what that's harmful can le. Tho till now I'm still learning how to control my own temper. 😅

first of all don't feel guilty about screaming at your son..we all do that. sometimes just have to let it out. don't worry if it may impact them. once or twice won't hurt. I learnt to understand that. sometimes I scream and shake my lo even (of cos not shake vigourously) secondly, pls do what u feel is best....dont feel stress.... your boy is only 2 mo...i was having similar issues then. I was without help at home totally. husband out for work. mil working. mom not around anymore. nobody help. but remember it will definitely get better..my lo is 16mo now :) and small babies really do cry for a reason...just try to be patient...ìf you really need to vent maybe just walk away to vent...calm yourself then go back to your son... jia you!

Same... i made ny baby startled esp wen im super tired handling evrything. Cook, housework. I even beat her like not literally beat. Like slap her thigh abit.. she cried the worst wen i shouted at her. N wen she sleep, i look at her and i cried so much. I regret... Wat i learn mommy, wen u alrdy lose ur patience, ask a fam member or husb to take care bb awhile.. u go n sit one side, cool down urself and drink water or something. Baby knows.... when we are distress. N they will cry more. Trust me.. wen we are more relax... they will too. N pls.. next time dont tape a tape or do anything stupid to baby. U will regret if anything happen😣😣 Stay strong mommy. Hugs to u

Super Mum

I am a first time mum too. I can totally feel you. My 6weeks old colic baby has been scream crying every night since 3 weeks old till now. I did not scream at my baby but I do get angry at times. Try your best to calm yourself down when baby is crying. I know it's not easy when baby is crying so hysterically and when you are having sleep deprivation. I am learning as well and I realised my baby will calm down faster when I am calm. Likewise if I am angry, my baby will cry even louder. Baby can easily feel the emotions of the caregiver. Glad that you found this platform to release some stress. Hope we can overcome this phase soon. Jiayou!

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles