First pregnancy and unsure of doctor to choose

Hi there! First time mum-to-be here :) any mummies here who went through NUH private route? How was your experience and any recommendations for a good female gynae? Thank you!

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Congratulations on your first pregnancy! It's such an exciting time, isn't it? 😊 Regarding your question about choosing a doctor through the NUH private route, I haven't personally gone through that specific route, but I've heard positive experiences from friends who have. The private route often provides more personalized care and attention, which can be reassuring for first-time moms. When it comes to selecting a good female gynaecologist, it's essential to find someone you feel comfortable with and trust. Since you specifically mentioned a female gynae, I'd recommend looking for one who not only has excellent medical expertise but also demonstrates empathy and understanding towards your concerns as a new mom-to-be. You might want to consider factors such as the doctor's experience, bedside manner, and whether they align with your birthing preferences. It could be helpful to schedule initial consultations with a few gynaecologists to see who you connect with best. Additionally, you could ask for recommendations from friends or family members who have had positive experiences with a particular doctor. Word of mouth can be a valuable resource in finding the right healthcare provider. Remember, it's okay to take your time and explore your options before making a decision. Trust your instincts, and don't hesitate to ask any questions or voice any concerns you may have during your appointments. Wishing you a smooth and joyful journey throughout your pregnancy! 🌟 Mama's Choice $18 voucher 👉🏻 https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

When I was searching this app for recommended gynaes, a few names popped up, mainly Dr Su Lin Lin and Dr Citra. They are in very high demand so you gotta book them early. I wanted Dr Citra but unfortunately she wasn't available :( but I went with Dr Vanaja and she was great too! She has great rapport with her team. Only thing is she's also very busy cos she's got a lot of patients under her belt too hahaha but she's very friendly and personable. Other than that, waiting time can be long or short, depends on your luck. I personally enjoyed my experience during delivery. The team was very quick, skilled and experienced. No setbacks or hiccups. My delivery experience was excellent. Only drawback for going private is the price. Gosh, for a private patient in a govt hosp I wasn't expecting to pay TOO much. But I paid really more than expected 🥲

Read more
3mo trước

I switched over to NUH private after 20 weeks. Prior to that I was with another doctor at a private clinic. Once I switched to NUH, I got the antenatal (or prenatal?) package around $1200++ (not inclusive of the first consultation with the doctor as well as your supplements/meds). Along the way depends on doctor's requirements, might need extra scans/tests that are not included in your package. I had to undergo an extra fa scan at around $200+ cos I had fibroids and a big baby.

Hello! I am with NUH too, but as a sub pt for now, currently wk14. May I know if you have found/decided on any female gynae?? I’m thinking of switching to private after my wk20 scan! Thank you!

💕

💕

💕

💕