Shortlisting gynaes to visit

Hi! Just tested positive this morning (according to Flo app I’m 5 weeks+) I want to get confirmation from a doctor, am thinking of shortlisting 3 choices (2 females, 1 male doctor) to deliver at Mount Alvernia Hospital. However, I’m not sure how I should approach this as this isn’t anything like shopping for IDs for house reno. Any moms who shortlisted doctors and saw all of them before deciding, any tips on how I should arrange these appointments? I think they will all do the same thing right? Take blood test and ultrasound scan…. Would that mean I have to do them 3 times within this month? Any advise welcomed, thank you! #firstpreganancy

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

are you planning for natural delivery or csect? if natural delivery, i’d recommend Dr Paul Tseng and for csect, i’d recommend Dr Gordon Lim! Both of their clinics are not at Mt Alvernia, but last time i saw them, they still have privileges at Mt Alvernia. maybe can give them a call to check

2y trước

Thanks so much for your rec! I’d like to go for natural delivery if everything is ok. I’ve seen Dr Paul Tseng’s name come up many times during my search. There’s many doctors to choose from so I’m glad I can narrow it down by the hospital of my choice. But still it will all come down to how I feel about the doctor during consultation. Thank you so much!

If you just want to confirm your pregnancy, you can go any GP clinic or polyclinic to do a blood test. After that you can decide your gynae. I just arrange the same gynae as my SIL.

2y trước

Noted! Thank you for the tip!! Good that you already have a gynae in mind through work of mouth!

erm how about seeing them 3-4 weeks apart for follow up checks instead. seeing them all in one month is quite costly and waste of ur time

2y trước

That’s what I thought too, may be a bit much. Shall arrange my appointments about 4 weeks apart. I think if I am immediately comfortable with the first gynae I may just go with it. If not, I do want to see which doctor i’d be more comfortable with. Thank you so much for sharing your opinion too

you can try call up gynae clinic to check for their packages rate and when to see doctor for your decision making.

2y trước

Got it, thank you!