Diarrhoea at Week 17

Suddenly have diarrhoea today. Not sure if it’s food poisoning or other issues. Just feel a bit weak after the diarrhoea and I’m now drinking loads of water (and 100plus zero) to prevent dehydration. Called my clinic for advice and they just asked to get charcoal pills from GP and monitor if any bleeding or cramps. Any one has any other advice? Just wait for it to clear? Just worried it will affect baby 🥺

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had a watery diarrhoea for a couple of times 2 weeks ago and was outside. Tink it was wk 29. After the diarrhoea i literally forgot i had water with me. Eventually my ears blocked, blackout in front of a shop while my hubby pack dinner. Hubby brought me to take a rest while he bought 100 plus zero (i hv GD). The following day i had to update my diabetes doc on my readings and eventually i asked if i shld update my gynae. Immediately she called me and said i shld update my gynae. Sadly, the clinic asst did not get gynae to call me back but told me to monitor as well. Though it has passed, i think i gonna just say to my gynae during my apptment nxt wk. i didnt see a doc coz the diarrhoea cleared on the night itself... Hope everyone is ok!

Read more

I had bad diahorrea suspect of stomach flu and spread to my husband when I’m at 2nd trimester (can’t remember how many weeks) and terrible sick for e whole week. Also got e same advise from gynae to get Charcoal pills from GP and my own probiotic. But my condition didn’t improved and had 10x of diahorrea till my gynae called me back to her clinic and gave me antibiotic and anti-diahorrea.. Dr did ultrasound and baby is okay, just mummy super sick.. I took around another 1 week plus to fully recovered.. I also drank plenty of H2O as I am told that water might not be enough as I had lost too much water in body..

Read more