Selecting a hospital for my delivery.

Just started my pregnancy journey. I am really confused about selecting a hospital for my delivery. I would like to select natural delivery. Which is the best one? Could please share with me your experience with your hospital.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Firstly it depends on whether you would like to have government hospital or private hospital. Then, would you be under subsidy patient or gynae. All hospital do provide natural delivery, caesarean. While, NUH & TMC are the only two hospital that has water birth delivery besides the two other delivery process. From my experience, I am under subsidy patient. First pregnancy was at NUH and currently second pregnancy at KKH. Both hospitals are good, waiting time as subsidy can be long but all in all I can say KKH provides better explanation to everything on your report. They will tell you what's your next appt gonna be about and I have no issues to raise any doubts with explanation needed. Not that NUH are bad, but mostly my appt with NUH can just be "touch and go" esp with doctors & sometimes, I do have student learning doctor on my check up too. In terms of delivery, NUH was good, patience and excellent, despite having on duty doctor attending to me through labour period they don't miss out single information pertaining your progress. You have nurse and midwife with you. They will teach you everything you need to know in labour and very patience with me. They stitch my tearing nicely, they ensure your clot are properly push out and will check on you through the day & night ensuring you are progressing well before discharge. As for KKH, I have yet to experience labour with them. Nervous & excited at the same time because idk what's the process would be and how the experience gonna be. Despite having to hear "some" bad experience from their staff in labour but they are also that have good experience too with them. So far, with my check up all their staff are great and have never experience anything bad. Just little sharing and maybe you can start asking for reviews from different people before you decide.

Read more

I think it really depends on your comfort level and budget also? I initially booked a nuh doctor (private route) but it was a bit late so they suggested i do my tests n scan outside first hence i went to private gynae to do. Eventually i also did not visit nuh gynae at all and just stick through my gynae My delivery experience at mt e novena was okay, everyone was very nice! I had natural delivery though. I think your gynae also important. My baby didnt wanna come out despite bursting my waterbag and etc 😅 but i didnt end up in csec despite many hours of labour.

Read more

1) Check with your gynae where do they deliver at. 2) Work out your budget. 3) Go online and see their rooms and their amenities provided then choose the one you like most. I went with TMC. Staffs were polite and nurses are all available 24/7. I don’t drive so parking isn’t a issue for me. But if you are, might wanna consider another alternative or leave your car at home 😂

Read more

for me, I choose the nearest hospital from home.. then price and gynae I prefer..