Son is too active or the negligence of teachers?

My son is 9month old and I send him to an infant care centre since Jan 2019 (6month old at that point of time) He had the transition of knowing how to crawl when he was 8months old. Isit even normal that my son had three falls at the centre within two months? Who am i to blame? The negligence of the teachers or is it that my son was exploring too much that he tends to knock himself?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Most Infant Care centre in Singapore are equipped with CCtvs/camera. Educarers and assistants are trained. Babies after 6 months old are very curious about their surrounding. What most parents didn't know or think of that their child can never do at home, babies can do it at the centre. At the centre, babies are encourage to be themselves. The open space cushion area are for them to move around and explore. Most of the centre do not placed their furniture near the area where the babies explore. It is always far. Unless the centre space is small or overcrowded. 1 educarer : 5 infants ECDA ruling. Very standard. Sometimes in the open space area, there are toys or wooden playpen. Some babies might crawled towards the toys and maybe while trying to grab the toys, they might bump into the toys themselves. There's also an area where babies can pulled themselves up. It is like a ballerina area with a mirror wall. Those area too, babies can bump themselves. Then there are also gym area in some centre. Rolling here there. Great tummy times for babies too. I am a parent and educarer myself thus I have seen many of these cases. Babies are loved very much at the centre. No child is allowed to be abused or torture.

Read more