Will you let your Father in-law, a heavy smoker carry your baby?

He smokes 3 pack each day, will you allow him to carry your baby or even take care of him?

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

3 packs of cigarettes daily is a lot! I can’t even stand the smell, especially when it sticks to your clothes. Not forgetting the bad breath! I personally won’t let him near my baby. Can only allow him to carry when he doesn’t smell of cigarette (eg. shower and change of clothes after smoking). Call me petty, but it’s for the safety of our baby’s health.

Read more
4y trước

His breath smells of smokes too

can't say no :) my ILs carries my lo without sanitising their hands. I hate it SO MUCH but I've no say even tho I'm the mother cos according to them I'm busy working n they tc of lo so I should shut up :')

My fil is not a smoker but my dad is. I can't say no when he wanna carry baby. So I just let him carry and take back within 10 seconds. I just act as though baby wanna fuss already.

Ya my father in law smokes too , its very hard to literally say no but I'll try avoid as much as possible , like carrying my LO and play peek a boo or whatever to avoid him

Maybe after he showers new set of fresh clothes teeth brushed with mouthwash and all.. ill let him hold for a while. Other than that? No 😂

If I were you, take care of baby is no and will minimise the chance for him to carry. To completely don't let him carry is difficult.

Nope. Just politely decline when he wants to. Reason out with him if you have to. You’re baby’s mummy!! You make the choice!

Hi, I think better would be to speak to your husband about it. He can speak to his dad then as it is not healthy for the baby.

He can carry the baby , but not smoke infront of the baby . Before carrying make sure he wash his mouth

Super Mom

Take care, no. Carry.. if he stops smoking for 5 hours and has bathed/brushed teeth