Is it just me?

Since I've gotten pregnant, I always have strange dreams when I sleep and often than not wake up with a bad migraine. Always waking up around 2am to 3am and will only be able to sleep again around 6am. 14weeks pregnant and not comfortable sleeping on either sides. Keep tossing and turning. It gets frustrating at times, is it just me?#pleasehelp #advicepls #1stimemom #pregnancy

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi! It’s normal during pregnancy to have vivid dreams. Your hormones are all over the place. I will also wake up in the middle of the night and have trouble sleeping back again. My tip is not to use your phone when you wake up in the middle of the night. Just try to clear your mind, don’t think too much about those dreams, try to relax, close your eyes, deep breaths. Prop up your pillow if you feel uncomfortable, elevate your legs maybe. I use a long hugging pillow to sleep, helps with my tossing and turning when I get uncomfortable. It will worsen in 3rd trimester when your tummy gets bigger and heavier so gotta get used to it now. Don’t eat heavy meals before sleep, don’t look at phones at least 1hr before sleep. Sleep on your left more to give maximum blood flow to the placenta, but of course, toss and turn if you feel uncomfortable. Get your partner to press on your back while you lay sideways as you’ll have backaches due to the weight of the baby. Good luck!

Read more

had the same thing during first trimester but stopped after the second trimester, when i was nearing 16-17 weeks! it gets better soon, hold on to that! :)