Suck Hands

Should we let two month olds suck their hands? If so, till when? Anything to note? Thanks!

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

my 2 months old also currently like to "eat drumstick" 😂 she actually prefer sucking mitten or blankie, but I'm afraid still have detergent left bcos I'm using washing machine to wash, so I let her enjoying her hand instead of fabrics

Super Mom

It's an important milestone so no reason to stop them as long as their hands are clean. Mine stopped eating her hands on her own at about 7 months

Can't be stopped. My lo even spat out his pacifier just to suck his hands. I keep on convincing myself that he's building up his immunity.

My LO suck this thumb for self soothing whenever he’s sleepy. Hard to stop him now and sometimes he accidentally bite onto his thumb /:

i usually put on mittens, my baby hated it and would cry so i used to pull his hands out, Thankfully he doesn't have the habit anymore.

Sucking calms your baby down. So why not try switching it up and getting your baby to suck on a pacifier instead?

Thành viên VIP

Better don’t allow , if can stop now they may don’t have this habit in future ..

Super Mom

My baby is wearing mittens all the time and doesn’t have this problem

It was OK for me... We always tease baby he is eating 'drumstick' 😂

I gave soft/cloth type baby toys for LO to suck and chew instead