Should it be a concern if my baby is 8m old and doesn't bear any weight on his legs at all? His legs will bent if we try to put him on standing position. Most babies seem to be able to do that by this age.

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Agree with Cindy. Every baby develops at a different rate. I have a friend whose boy was similar to your child, refusing to stand but seemed to have strong leg muscles (he does "bicycle kicks" often when he is lying on his back). My friend consulted her PD and PD told her not to worry and just wait a couple months more. He eventually started trying to stand after he was 13 months old. I would suggest speaking to your PD, you can at least get some suggestions on how you could help strength his muscles or encourage him to stand/bear his own weight.

Read more

I was worried about the same issue too as my son did not show signs of crawling at 9 mths. Not to say bearing weight on his legs! Doc's advice was tt every child has different developmental milestones and we have to give time and opportunity for the baby to master skills. U may try massaging your baby's muscles and provide more tummy time or play movement songs with him. last resort, be like me seek advice from a PD to feel more secure. JIAYOU, mummy!

Read more

I don't think it should be a cause for concern as babies develop at their own pace. Some are able to do it and some may take some time. But eventually, they will accomplish this milestone. You can also encourage her to stand more by letting her sit somewhere where she can grab and pull things like perhaps in front of her crib. Aside from the tummy time, this "stand up time" with support should be able to help too.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

8 months old is still early. By 1 years old, your baby need to stand with support, he don't need to walk on his own or support, but minimum is can stand on his stand with support. That is by 1 year old like that. If not, can drag a bit of time, and monitor again, see need to seek help from doctor or not. If baby can stand on his stand with support, don't worry too much, sooner or later, baby will walk on his own.

Read more

My lo is 9mo and he's not showing any signs of wanting to bear any weight on his legs but I'm not worried because every baby develops at their own pace. Heck, he's not even eating solids coz he simply refuses all forms of it. For a peace of mind, I brought him to the PD so if you're still concerned, you can bring him to do a check but I honestly wouldn't be too worried.

Read more

Every kid is different. You as a parent you are different too. Don't stress. What you want is to let baby have its space to do its own things sooner or later you will wish they could just stay put at a place. If you really want to work out the baby. Try swimming. Teach them how to kick

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-12564)

Thanks all for your encouragement. For a peace of mind I'll just bring him for a pd check tmr. I have been thinking was it something that I did or have not been doing

don't worry he will walk sooner or later some faster some slower