March 25 Mummies

Just saw the National Day rally - some great changes to encourage couples to start families. Extra 2.5 months in shared parental leave! I can’t help but notice that it only applies to births from April 1st onwards though. Feeling really bummed out as I’d be missing out on this by 2 weeks… anyone as bummed out as me? #firsttimemom #feelingbummed

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
1mo trước

Thanks! Done my part :)

Thinking of appealing also but not quite sure where to start. Going to write to MP first, see what she says :) I suggest more of us write in, maybe it could help with strength in numbers!

Yes, is unfair right. We should be eligible too. They should implement from 1 Jan 2025 instead. It is enough to give companies to implement the changes needed.

4t trước

While I wish I would qualify as a Mar 2025 mummy too, honestly, there is never a best date. They implement in Jan 2025, mummies in dec or nov 2024 will also ask for it. They implement immediately now, people who just have birth last month will also ask for it. I’m not trying to stand on the side of the govt, but honestly speaking, if you think from a policy perspective, it’s to encourage people to conceive. We already conceive so we are not the target group. The target group is for those who haven’t got pregnant to make babies after the announcement. So once they conceive, their EDD is from April 2025 onwards.

Super duper bummed too, i sent an email the PM this morning. maybe it more people write in something hopefully can be [email protected]

3t trước

sad…… just one month. 😕

Hi Mummy, if everything goes well, my EDD is 31st Mar so hopefully baby can be comfy a bit more in the belly until 1st April if that works 😃

Anyone managed to get a response? I wrote to my MP but didn’t even get an acknowledgment email!

me! edd early March. was joking to myself if baby can stay in tummy for another extra month 🤣

You guys think we can appeal? Because quite unfair for those giving birth on March ☹️

4t trước

Did your husband hear back?

If can, please share the outcome of the appeal here. Thanks.

Yeh super bummed :(