Collecting colostrum

Is it safe to start to attempt to collect colostrum at 37w. Have not ask for my gynae for green light yet. #firsttimemom

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes pls don’t do that. You can always squeeze gently to see how thick is the colostrum but not to collect them as trigger early labour. Don’t induce labour this way. It will also induce labour if you keep rubbing your nipples (you will sense your baby move very actively). So, to play safe better not.

Read more

not true! if you don't have complications, you can do it. I did collect mine from 37 weeks onwards til baby is borne. u can try hand expressing or using pump. I store them in 5ml container which came with a connected cover. same material as the syringe. always remb to label the time and date.

no don’t attempt to collect colostrum as it triggers labour, unless that’s what you want. i would only collect leaked colostrum but won’t actively squeeze for it. colostrum comes in 1st and 2nd day after delivering.

Collecting colostrum or squeezing nipple to collect colostrum will only trigger labour. Try not to. Although alot of westerners advise to, but best to avoid.

Thành viên VIP

Better don’t, why to collect now.