screen time & autism

Regretfully, I introduced screen time to my little one at a very early age, hoping to buy some free time for myself amidst the chaos and lack of support. 😞 Now, my precious child is displaying autism-like symptoms (refuse talking, eye contact, scream when not getting screen time when he wants it... refuse eating if not watching tv/ video), and I can't help but blame myself. Has anyone experience similar thing?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My toddler used to be quite interested in TV. He'd wake up and immediately request to watch while eating. Lately, I've been making an effort not to give in to this and instead distract him with other activities. Perhaps gradually reducing screen time to just 10 minutes and aiming for no more than half an hour of screen time each day would be beneficial, as excessive screen time isn't recommended. Introducing different toys daily or rotating them can keep him excited and engaged, or he can enjoy sensory play, art, and craft activities. Additionally, taking him outside to play and socialize can help tire him out, making it easier for him to sleep at home:) I hope things will get better for you !

Read more