screen time & autism

Regretfully, I introduced screen time to my little one at a very early age, hoping to buy some free time for myself amidst the chaos and lack of support. 😞 Now, my precious child is displaying autism-like symptoms (refuse talking, eye contact, scream when not getting screen time when he wants it... refuse eating if not watching tv/ video), and I can't help but blame myself. Has anyone experience similar thing?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Please cut out all Screentime and give him other options during play time. My friend daughter started talking at 4yo and she is not autistic But too much screentime until she dont know how To socialize With ppl. All the best To u..

2mo trước

Agree with anon. As the main and only caregiver, I cannot afford to sit there 24/7 just to play with her. My daughter learns a lot from the screen as she doesn’t attend school. Of course, not 24/7, but times when I really need to do some stuffs or even take a poop, screen time is no choice. I personally feel abit of sceeen time is okay as they can learn from it (I let her watch Ms Rachel, mother goose club and blippi). On and off she will also surprise me with new vocabs she learnt from the tv. My daughter starts screen time around 3mo (hearing no watching) and now she talks like a machine gun without mute button.