screen time & autism

Regretfully, I introduced screen time to my little one at a very early age, hoping to buy some free time for myself amidst the chaos and lack of support. 😞 Now, my precious child is displaying autism-like symptoms (refuse talking, eye contact, scream when not getting screen time when he wants it... refuse eating if not watching tv/ video), and I can't help but blame myself. Has anyone experience similar thing?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

How old is your LO? My baby started watching children’s program on tv when she’s 3mo. She’s soon to be 1yo, very interactive. I don’t think screen time causes autism?

2mo trước

I only let my baby watches Ms Rachel and Super Simple Songs. The TV is always on whenever she’s awake. Sometimes she watches and claps her hands when it’s her fav songs. Sometimes she plays independently and doesn’t watch it, even though it’s playing in the background. We also sing and dance to the songs. And we only let her watches the big TV screen. Videos on phone are for emergency when we are outside. I myself was a tv child. Still love watching it. And my eyesight is still good, no specs 🤣😆