Don’t Rubb Tummy in Circulation Motion

Hi, Recently i have friends told me to stop rubbing tummy in circular motion ... as this will cause the baby to strangle against the umbilical cord. Isit true? I’m currently 20 weeks pregnant

56 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I've never heard this, but it's an intriguing question. To be in safe side, best not to do it and then to seek advice if you're worried.

nope i always does it to let the little one inside feel my touch i think different people got different point of views

Seryoso po ba as in? Kasi di ko maiwasan na irub ng paikot eh ang cute kasi lalo na 1st time ko mag buntis 😭

Too much rubbing may cause contraction according to one of the OB doctors in one of the seminar i had attended.

I will just put belly balm(a great way of bonding with the baby)from below to upwards. Never in circulation

Thành viên VIP

I think it's more of triggering early contractions than umbilical cord strangling the baby?

Thành viên VIP

Woah!! This is very informative.. Thank you mommies! I love the post and the comments as well

I always rub in circulation motion... baby 28weeks already turn. Something I shouldn't do?

Mm... i guess rubbing is fine, as long as you dont rub too hard. Gentle strokes are fine

This isn't true. Rubbing your stomach may only cause Braxton Hicks.