Recently I brought my 3 mth old baby for vaccination and doc review. During the hearing assessment,The doc uses a bell to test if he can hear and turn his head towards the sound , my baby though he responded by smiling back , but he did not turn to the direction of the sound from . In result to this,doc did not pass his hearing assessment and to review in a month time. I try this at home , yes indeed , my LO did not turn towards the sound when I purposely put a bell near both ears. I am quite worried on this . But he did past his hearing test in hospital after he is born.Should this be a concern?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mommy, sincethis is the first test, I reckon you shouldn't be too worried yet [even though you can't help it :( ] I read that between 2-10 % of babies will "fail" the first hearing screening but it does not mean that their is any hearing loss or anything potentially bad. Lots of the babies who need follow-up testing turn out to have normal hearing. Some reasons that can contribute to this "failing" of hearing tests include fluid in the middle ear, vernix (waxy substance found on young babies) in the ear canal and moving around too much or crying. Reckon you'll learn more in the review in one month's time so till then, try not too worry so much, yeah? I hope your baby is well and everything will be okay :)

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-14999)

We are also experiencing the same. Can share how is your baby doing now? Did he pass the test on his next doctor review?