High risk of Down Syndrome baby after OSCAR test

Received our OSCAR test results and results show high risk more than 1:50 for fetal Down Syndrome (Trisomy 21)😢 Doc suggested to do either CVS or amniocentesis to confirm the diagnosis. (Or none if we chose to keep baby regardless.) But both are invasive and will have some risk of miscarriage. Hub and I thinking if NIPT (Harmony or Panorama) is an option instead of invasive methods. Anyone experienced someth similar? Should we go for invasive directly or NIPT? #advicepls #firsttimemom

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I did nipt and Oscar both at the same time.. nipt take some time for result to come back . Initially, the gynae didn’t know I had my nipt report so she was advising based on Oscar report and based on my age and medical condition , I was told my baby was high risk too.. and just so happen that the nurse brought in my nipt result on time and the gynae put the Oscar result aside and said to just follow nipt as it would have been more accurate .. and yayyy! Nipt result low ! So you probably want to see 2nd opinion or ask the gynae if nipt is still an option for u or js there a particular reason from the Oscar scan that he didn’t suggest that nipt but the invasive method instead because invasive method I think are the most accurate Liao ..

Read more

Good chance that result is inaccurate and should have gone straight for Panorama. Now doing both is going to cost more