Husband owes me close to $100,000.

Rant: My husband is 13 years older than me and earns at least 3 to 4x of my current salary. I lend him a few thousands 5 to 6 years back for house renovation (i was 23 years old then and i told him that i can't afford any costs when it comes to marriage & kids as I have only just graduated), yet until today he has not returned me the full sum yet. Subsequently, he tried to get me to invest my savings instead of putting it with the bank for higher interests. I transferred a huge sum to him and now that i wanted the whole sum to be transferred to me back, he kicked up a big fuss and threatened to divorce. I feel so helpless. Lend him money yet must beg him to return as though I am at his mercy. I don't know what to do.

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Just my 2 cents worth: 1. Do not lend him anymore money. 2. Do you have the transaction record that the money was transferred from your account into his account? If no, he can say you are accusing him. If yes, good but still not strong enough to prove you lend him the money. 3. Do you have the proof that he told you to transfer your money to him for investment? He can say you gave or returned him his money. 4. Do you have proof by when he will return your money? 5. You may need to record your conversation with him discreetly to prove is your money and he told you to transfer to him for investment. 6. Do you think he loves you since he threatened to divorce because you want your money back? 7. If he doesn't want to return you your money then the only way is through legal way but that goes your marriage. Take care. 🌈

Read more