Confinement

Question, does anyone here not hire a confinement nanny, or goes for any antenatal classes? And just purely doing confinement on your own? By the way first time being a mum...

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I have a helper and she extremely helpful. Preg w No.2 now. A yr ago, we hired our current helper and orientate her to the stuffs she need to look out. Ordered confinment food too, just need to heat up and consume it. You need to weight your options, some prefer nanny,MIL, infant care or helper. 😅

Read more

For me my MIL will help me with my confinement together with taking care my son! First time mom here too, i think its not a MUST to hire nanny. I did not attend any antenatal classes too

9mo trước

oh like this i will suggest hiring a nanny. Because heard completing the confinement is very impt as well as the food we eat during that 1 month is crucial

I did not hire confinement nanny for all my 3 kids. Confined my own with husband 1 week help 😂 Buttt.. i ordered 10 days confinement food and did 7 days post-natal massage 😁

9mo trước

Honestly, it is hard at first but you will adapt to it once you get the hand of it. I have 2 other kids (one is 10 & the other is 4) while i was confining with my new born. I would say, it was okay because my other 2 kids were helpful and they are independent :) Your husband needs to be around when you are having your post-natal massage. In case your baby cry for milk. Don't worry okay? You will eventually set a routine. It WILL be tiring for the first 6-8 months because baby will be awake every 2-3 hours and gradually sleeps longer.

Didn’t hire a nanny nor attended any class. Everything just Google or watch YouTube videos.

9mo trước

Well... up till now I also Google everything 😆 but seems like some are for the Caucasian and not us Asian. 😅

I fired my nanny within the first week and did the rest alone for #1. For #2 hired a nanny

8mo trước

nanny was horrible, bad attitude. slammed my parents’ fridge until spoiled. yes i do regret not getting another nanny