what should I do?

This is probably a rant or sharing post but I feel really stuck with. I'm living with my in-laws, and our BTO will be ready by 2022. Back story is, I was accused of stealing from my in-laws before and the item was found (thankfully!). My concern now is, I'm not sure of my in-laws are pushing me or they're just impatient but the young people around us (ie, hubby cousin, in-laws' boss's kids) have given birth one after another, and recently my mil started cooking herbal soup for me and even went to the temple to pray to guanyin. My in-laws are those super annoying and kaypo type of folks, they even want to comment on what I had for dinner (when I was cooking) and help themselves to my food when I'm done cooking like just a bite that kind, and all sort of comments will surface like need to add what seasoning blablabla. Sometimes will say unhealthy like come on, maybe buy for me ah next time. I dont know, it makes me feel really out of place and definitely get on my nerves a lot. My mil like to say let nature takes its course but yet she's cooking soup, and keep feeding me information about pregnancy and childbirth. It was an easy experience for her, not much pain, gave birth within 30mins when she arrived in the hospital but my mom and everyone else around me had a hard time, and the fact that everyone is different she dont get it. I told my husband, if I ever get pregnant tell your mom to leave me alone as much as she can, these actions really stresses me out. I dont want anyone to visit me if I ever gave birth, I dont want unnecessary comments from your mom teaching me what to do. I want to be left alone with the baby, I'm gonna lock our room door. I understand she's concerned or impatient but she had her time. It's my time when it's my turn so let me do my thing alone. She wouldn't like it if her mil did that to her as well right? (Which she told me before, she was lecturing my husband as a kid and his grandma cut in, she told my husband grandma off as well.) I told my parents all of it and they were mad, but remained cool unless my in-laws really push it. All they told me was as long as my husband takes my side, I'm all good. No point having good in-laws if husband is trash. But still, I cannot forget the unpleasantness of being accused and now you expect me to give you grandchildren?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

Oh no! I understand how you feel! I believe when you get pregnant, these feelings will grow even more.. before I was pregnant, I barely manage to get along with my MIL.. when I was pregnant, I really didn't want to even look at her or have conversation with her... I was on birth control until I knew we were gonna move out soon. And was 8 weeks pregnant when we moved out.. even when heavily pregnant, I'd rather be home alone than to have my in laws come over to "look after" me... now my lo is 3 months old, been caring for her on my own and I've been refusing help from in laws just so that I can avoid their so called advices.. once a week we go back and visit them, then just tahan.. few hours only.. My reason for this is to protect my marriage.. avoid all those arguments that I know surely will happen due to different way of looking after babies.. would advise you to do the same, prevent all the stress and anger and frustrations

Read more
5y trước

End up my hub tell her if have then have, cannot control birthing unless I use birth control or what. Then she nothing to say because she knows she wants to be promoted to grandma also.