Shift Work

Any pregnant mummies work shifts? I work 12 hr shifts (morning, night, off, off) from 8-8 and I am so tired. I don’t even enjoy work anymore and I work in a male dominated workplace and honestly, they are not very understanding when it comes to pregnancy. I told my supervisor about my morning sickness and he didn’t seem to care much. Another supervisor asked me what’s my plan after maternity leave when I was only 5 weeks pregnant and still had a long way to go!!!! I’m currently 13 weeks pregnant and I’m honestly so stressed from work and I’m so scared it will affect my baby because let’s be honest, if anything happens to my health or my baby’s it’s not like the company will take responsibility right. Any advice or anyone going through the same thing? 😭

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I totally understand you mommy, but hang in there and try not to stress yourself out too much. Not good for you and the baby. If you are uneasy or uncomfortable, best to be straightforward to your team and say if they still dont understand it, maybe good to take a quick rest and breather first. Remember, priority now is you and baby and your mental health. Take it easy and take care mommy!

Read more

Hang in there mommy. I’m working 12hrs shift too from 10am to 10pm (morning, night, off, off) and I am currently at week 30. I drive to work as well. It gets more tiring as you age thru the pregnancy but it will be worth it for your little one mommy. Don’t stress on yourself!! Just enjoy the process and look fwd to taking hl and ml when you give birth haha.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Take it easy at work. Take a break when u need and work your best. Do not care about other opinions. Taking what is legally given maternity leaves and Mc won’t affect performance review. Even if it affects, it’s just less/no bonus for a year. Hang in there!

I understand you mum. hang in there. I had to work 12 hours when I was pregnant.