Covid+ at W38

#pregnancy #covid Hi, I had just self tested positive on ART and had booked an appointment at the clinic for the PCR test. I think it's quite likely I'll be warded for observation, does anyone have the same experience and do you know what to pack for the hospital bag pls? Will share more as this progresses.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I received the PCR result the very next morning and had a code to key into Trace Together to grant MOH access to my records. A few hours later I was sent an online form to declare my housing and medical conditions. Yet a few more hours later MOH called to check in - I was given the choice to recover at home or they can make arrangements for me to go hospital for observation. On the home recovery program, I can leave the house once my ART turns negative after 72h, or after 7 days where I will be automatically "discharged" via SMS. He was unsure what the discharge process will be at the hospital, and it may be a while before a bed may be arranged due to the current wave, so I opted to stay home since I have very mild symptoms. I was given an emergency doctor's number to call in case I had any questions or had breathlessness symptoms. All in all quite seamless. My symptoms were: D1: Sneezing, and an itchy throat like the onset of the flu. ART was positive. D2: Fever, lethargy, stuffy nose and sore throat. Went clinic for PCR test. D3: Sore throat, dripping nose. Oximeter was above 97% throughout; the baby kicks felt much weaker on D2, but thankfully back to normal D3. I gargled salt water and drank lemon honey water to soothe the throat.

Read more
2y trước

You opted for stay home recovery at first right? But why were you conveyed to hospital for observation?