Wish to get more supply but is it possible with already regulated supply?

Is it possible if milk supply has regulated, about 30-40ml every pump session using a non-hospital graded pump but want to switch to the hospital grade pump to get more supply? Is it possible? Can only get less than 100-120ml/day of breast milk no matter how much amount of water I drink, eat oats, drink Milo, etc and hoping to get more than that with a good pump. Not looking for any kind of supplements to help since I've given up on lactation products which does not help at all.

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

How many months postpartum are you? Asking cause when my baby was 1 week old, I only made about 30-40ml per pump session but this was enough for him then as his tummy was still so small. As he grew my milk supply increased with his demand. The pump I’m using is spectra S1. And Have your tried power pumping? It’ll really help.

Read more
3y trước

It’s ok mummy, you’re doing a good job! Don’t give up. Some breast milk is better than none at all! Since you’re not looking for supplements to boost your milk supply, just continue to eat a balanced diet, get that extra calorie intake that you need while breastfeeding, and drink plenty of water like you’re already doing. Many people have advised me all kinds of things to eat such as fruits and vegetables, fish, etc. But for me what worked was eating dates and drinking at least 3 litres of water; and I would just eat whenever I felt hungry. Hang in there mummy. Hopefully your body will make the milk that your baby needs. Otherwise there’s always formula milk which is a great alternative to breast milk!