Brown discharge isit normal? Im at 6weeks! Its actually quite abit should i be worried?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Shouldnt be a cause of worry, but do inform your gynae regarding this for a detailed scan (personally, I feel that is a form of calming yourself since there is no other way t find out how baby is doing). Additionally, the doctor can prescribe some duphaston to ease the brown discharge. There are a lot of causes for brown discharge, such as clearing old menstruation blood, hormonal change and sexual intercourse. Therefore it is good to inform your gynae for a scan.

Read more

I have been spotting brown since the day I missed my period. Yesterday was my first scan and I was 5w4d pregnant. After the scan, I started spotting (well quite a lot) of mixed brown and red discharge and I got scared and worried. It stopped after a few hours. I will monitor and will definitely contact my doctor if it happens again. But I am praying all is well.

Read more

Before I tested for pregnancy (arnd 8weeks) . I had brown discharge (arnd 5-6w) that went on for about 2 weeks too, could fill the entire liner hence thought was my period . When I went for my first appt , all was well gynae said the brown discharge was norm. However if you’re uncertain , always good to check in with your gynae for peace of mind

Read more

I also experience some pinkish and brownish discharge on a few days between week 5 and 6. For the peace of mind, I just went to see my gynae at wk 6 and he prescribed me with Duphaston 10mg Dydrogesterone to take 1 tablet twice daily to strengthen womb. Since then my spotting have stop these few days 🤭

Read more

please visit gynae ASAP. its always good to be safe! praying for you!

yes it’s normal