Is it ok to let 3 weeks old infant to sleep on tummy? If so, what is the maximum time allowed for infant to sleep on tummy?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My eldest slept on her tummy from newborn till 3 mths old. She slept soundly and better when she was on her tummy but I would turn her over to sleep on her back once I found her sleeping soundly. Sleeping on tummy can be dangerous and need close supervision. Let me share with you my experience. The reason why my gal slept on her tummy was because she couldnt sleep well and always woke up in fright. Hence, my confinement nanny recommended tummy. It went well for the first few days and we began to loosen our guard. Then, there was one day I saw my gal's face facing straight down. She must had moved her head and managed to "suffocate" herself. Her soft cries couldnt be heard coz we were all out in the living room. From that day onwards, she was closely watched as she napped. At night, we did not put her on tummy, only day time.

Read more

I think tummy is can only if supervised and have to ensure that the surface baby's is sleeping on is solid and woun have much danger if baby face down. We didn't try tummy much and it wasn't my boy's favorite. My boy sleep on his side abt 3/4 the way. I think sleeping tummy only can when much later like 3 months plus when baby can have good neck strength and lift and adjust head well

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-19248)