Now that my 14 month old eats pretty much everything, how do i establish healthy eating habits?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

There are a few golden rules to adhere to: #1: CLEAN OUT THE CUPBOARDS If you don’t keep chips, cookies, candy, sugary cereals, punches, and soda in the house, your toddler is less likely to eat or drink them. #2: KEEP OFFERING NEW FOODS But don’t be discouraged if your little one doesn’t immediately say, “Yum!” It may help to remember that “no” doesn’t really mean “no.” It often means “not now.” #3: MIX THINGS UP Who says your toddler can’t have turkey-cheese pinwheels for breakfast or oatmeal for dinner? As long as it’s nutritious, it doesn’t matter when he eats it. Serve whole-wheat pancakes with fruit for lunch or a grilled-cheese sandwich for breakfast. Your toddler may get such a kick out of it, he’ll be more than happy to eat up. I love this 'sneak in nutrients' read: http://www.whattoexpect.com/toddler/eating-basics/sneak-in-the-nutrients.aspx Hope this helps!

Read more

The basic rule is to avoid everything that comes from a box. Yes, I am talking about packaged food here. Juices, colas, chips, biscuits, cookies, sugary cereals, chocolates, candy-- just say no no to them. Of course you can give them to your child once in a while, try and cook fresh meals for your baby. Introduce him to new foods every week and try making it interesting for him by mixing flavours. Give your child at least 3 types of fruits every day. You can start by giving him bananas, water melon, apples etc. You can also give him probiotics and yoghurt. besides, fresh juices you can try giving him coconut water and smoothies. Read this interesting article on 12 Finger Foods That Don't Come From a Box http://www.parents.com/recipes/baby-food/finger-foods-not-from-a-box/#page=1

Read more

Here are some rules that I followed with my daughter: 1. Find out what nutrients and portion size are appropriate for your baby. 2. Identify the foods that contain the right nutrients and create a meal plan for your kid based on that -- this means that he is eating the right foods in the right amounts, and this can be habit forming. 3. Always make sure you have a box of healthy snacks handy when you are stepping out with your toddler. We end up buying junk food when on the move. 4. Avoid using food as reward or withdrawing is as punishment. 5. Let people in the family know what foods are not to be given to your toddler. 6. Eat healthily in front of your kid, and have him at the table with you, rather than him eating his meal in isolation.

Read more

the first thing is to form a routine, so that your baby's body clock also gets used to the same. and yes, make sure that your baby eats on time, and does not eat too late, so that the last meal of the day is over well in time. avoid giving any packaged foods and encourage your baby to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables. add a variety of these in daily meals. try and eat together as a family at the table as much as possible, and avoid any distraction such as television and so on.

Read more

First is to establish an eating routine for breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner. Avoid giving snacks in between the schedule so to make sure kid not too full to take actual meals. Second, ensure a balanced diets, where protein, dairy, grains, vegetables and fruits are included in daily diets. You can refer to the food pyramid for more ideas. Third, try to minimise junk food e.g. sweet drinks, candies, chocolates, ice-cream and etc. so to ensure a healthy eating habits in toddler.

Read more
Post reply image

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-3976)