4 months pregnant and stressed/burnt out

Not sure if this is a question but I just need to rant- I’m not sure how real pregnancy depression is but I think I’ve been having it. I cry while driving myself to work. I do not get support from my partner. I worry about having to fork out my own money for baby’s needs and my needs such as breast pumps, post natal massage and confinement food. I teach, so the stress load in school is crazy, on top of being bullied constantly. I can’t quit cos my husband isn’t rich. Most of the days I wake up crying, I go to sleep crying. I don’t sleep well because my husband snores. I get only 2-3 hours of sleep every night. I lose my appetite on most days and eat fruits mostly. I haven’t gained any weight although I’m almost 5 months pregnant. I’ve thought of it many times but the only thing that’s keeping me going is knowing I have an innocent life inside of me. Is it just the 2nd trimester emotional ride or am I really burnt out? #pregnancy #advicepls #firstbaby

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

Hey Mama, I think you’re going through so much now. Everything is riding on your shoulders and you’re pretty much doing this on your own. If you’re not getting the support you need from your husband or colleagues, please start connecting to find your tribe. If you need someone to talk to, there are counseling services you can approach. It is so important to have people around you to support you. It takes a village to raise a kid. If you’re already burnt out now, I can’t imagine how you’d feel when you’re overwhelmed with a new born. Support isn’t just about money. Perhaps it’s time to have a heart to heart talk with your spouse and your family. Take care and hang in there. Please reach out to me on ig if you need a shoulder. ❤️

Read more