heartburn

Is it normal to have a mild heartburn? Even though i didn't eat any spicy food? How do i cure the heartburn? This is my first pregnancy and im 5months pregnant.

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Heartburn is perfectly normal during pregnancy especially during the 2nd trimester. As the baby grows, everything in your stomach cavity gets pushed upwards. So your stomach has less space and gastric reflux happens (that's what causes heartburn). You can try taking small frequent meals, or over the counter antacids like Gaviscon, which is perfectly safe for pregnant mums.

Read more

Me too since late of 2nd tri till now! You may try this remedies, whereby sometimes works for me. Eat smaller portion frequently. Drink coconut water but in moderation. Avoid eating when nearing to bedtime. You can try gaviscon. If the heartburn is really unbearable, inform ur gynaw, he/she may prescribe u something suitable.

Read more

Heartburn arrived in late first trimester then stopped abruptly. But then came back with a vengeance towards the end of my second trimester till now in week 29. And no, spicy food doesn't trigger it. Everything else does lol

It’s normal. Eat smaller meals more frequently and avoid drinking while eating. Eat slowly and chew every bite thoroughly. Avoid eating a few hours before bed. Stay upright for at least one hour after a meal.

Thành viên VIP

Hi dear. It is normal. Perhaps you can inform your gynae and they are able to prescribe something to ease the heartburn. 💕

Super Mom

Spicy food does not cause it.. try to eat enough.. not till FULL stage.. den eat again when u feel hungry later

Thành viên VIP

Yesssss I’m 6 months in, and have been suffering from heartburn since 2nd month

5y trước

Are u able to take in any food?

This heartburn has been with me throughout my pregnancy.. 😂

Super Mom

Heartburn is common. Watch your diet and be hydrated.

Heartburn since day 1😂😂