breast pump

Hi, is it nessecary to buy breast pump? ? isit useful? some tell me they buy already but hardly use.... so I'm thinking if I should get one ? ps: I'm not working

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

I direct latch my baby but still need to use the pump everyday, usually at night. Baby doesn't drink as often at night so if you don't pump out your breasts will become engorged and painful and could lead to mastitis. Or if you ever go out without baby for a few hours it's also necessary to bring pump... Maybe get a cheap hand pump if you don't think you will use it a lot but honestly I can't live without mine :p

Read more

It all depends on how you want to feed your baby. Something like feeding is purely on personal choice of mummy and baby. If you plan on breastfeeding your baby exclusively but want a little "freedom" to go out or sleep in occasionally, it might be good to get your baby used to a bottle as well. However, if you prefer to only breastfeed, then a breast pump may not be used that much. It's all up to you!

Read more
5y trước

hmm, okok haha

It totally depends but I personally feel that its not a need. You might want to give it awhile of getting to know your child after birth before deciding esp since pumps are quite pricey. I was too kanchiong and bought it before giving birth and ended up not using it. My milkflow wasnt too extensive for pumping so i mixed feed my child with formula and direct latching only.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

it is really useful. i always tot of bf my son. but when latch on.. he got impatient and literally pull my nipple.. zzzz yaa so my pd recommend me to pump instead. at the same times, i got to know how much he is drinking each time.. and at night hub can offer to feed him while i was pumping.. i use spectra9+.. easy to use :) i can lend u mine if you want to test it out

Read more
5y trước

sure thanks alot!

Personally I think it is necessary especially if you are planning to breastfeeding and go back to work after maternity leave. If you don’t want to spend so much on pump try with manual pump first

5y trước

bc I'm acty not working hmm

Thành viên VIP

see If can get a cheaper brand. at least not wasted if really not using. but if u really want to BF yr baby. u should get.

Thành viên VIP

Hi... I didn’t use any breast pump as I was a stay at home mum. I let my baby latch on when she’s hungry...

I bought a manual one first in case I need or in case u didn't wanna commit to pumping it's cheap

Influencer của TAP

Buy in case your LO refuse to latch there are cheap ones like Spectra s9 from Qoo10