Do you wake your baby up for night feed?

Hi, do you need to wake a 5 months old for night feed? Or do you wait for baby to cue, ie. if they stir or wake in the middle of the night for feed, and if they do not wake, it is alright to just let baby sleep through from 7pm-8am? #1stimemom #caretips

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I personally feel 7pm-8am is quite long. So I’ll give another feeding. If my baby last feeding time is between 7pm -10pm, I’ll probably feed him again. Currently, my 5 months old baby can sleep through the night from 9pm to 6am. If we feed him at 12am, he will wake up at about 6:30am. So if we don’t give him another feed between his sleep, he might cry at 4am etc for milk. (This timing is difficult for parents to wake up 😅)

Read more

We usually let our baby sleep till she cried for milk which usually already next day 6-7am and she sleeps at 9pm.. Even if we feed her in between she just simply shut her eyes tight and move her mouth to drink only 😅

My LO sleeps as early as 8/9pm and she'll wake up only around 7/8am the next day. If possible try not to wake them up as they're adapting to night sleeps so that they can differentiate between sleeps and naps! :)

just let them sleep through the night. You really dont mind waking up to feed? Isn't it great your baby can sleep through the night? hahahaha

I wish my kid can sleep through the night. haha

Yes it is alright to let bb sleep!