Nipt and NT scan

Hi, is it necessary to take NT scan on top of nipt? We wanted to do nipt (11 weeks) and gynae said to do NT scan ( at 13 weeks) because nipt cannot check for any heart anomalies. My previous pregnancy only did oscar but want to do nipt now due to age.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Did the Panorama and omitted the NT scan. I think base on personal preference, the NIPT though a bit more costly felt sufficient for me & there's the 20w fetal assessment later on. But it doesn't measure the neck thickness - if this is important for you, can consider! Hope this helps😊

Paranoma, did it when I was 30 and will continue doing it for future pregnancies despite the higher cost Avoids the incidence of erroneous results and gives you the peace of mind Fetal anomaly scan defects heart anomalies and is only done in 2nd tri

Read more
4mo trước

No i didn’t, just paranoma for 1st tri

I did both just in case since NT scan also check for the anatomy. I thought it was only to check for NT and nasal bone but they also checked the anatomy. Then another one at 20 weeks

I think NIPT is sufficient, no need to do NT scan since there will be another 20 week scan where you can see heart anomalies also. NIPT has a much higher accuracy than NT scan.

i didnt do NT scan, only NIPT. NIPT results take precedence. dont waste money!