13 Replies

Massage is sth I'll never leave out! Prior to birth, I was not someone who liked massage. Even when I went holidays to Thailand or Indonesia, when all my family members would go for massage, I won't. Just didn't like it. but my mom insisted on me getting the jamu massage for 1 week aft birth. and it totally changed my mind! I felt so achy everywhere after birth, esp still getting used to breastfeeding, it really helped me to recover better. For my 2nd born recently, I even took 1 month worth of massage 😅 Decided to forego confinement nanny and took confinement catering and longer massage instead. I was able to reduce the water retention and tummy reduced faster too.

I wanted to save on that at first but so thankful my husband pushed for it. For me, it really felt like my body was trashed after childbirth. So achy and my tummy was so crampy and tense. I was also having a lot of water retention on my legs. And my face was just pale. But after the first massage, my face colour regained some pinkish. And after a few sessions, my body felt so so so much better. I could also sleep better without the feeling of my tummy being heavy and falling to the sides. The masseur also helped me to increase my breastmilk supply and relieve any milk duct blocks. Super helpful. It’s a no regrets expenditure for me!

so worth it! it helped with my recovery. After birth I look like I'm 6 months pregnant still. After my first session my pooch became so so much smaller and I even gain my waist pre-pregnancy. if you have the budget, pls go for it. it helped me w breats engoregement too. my package comes with like herbal drink too. I took 7 days package. I would have taken longer if I have a bigger budget.

it's better to get atleast minimum 3 days for self care... u can choose not to do it but I'll tell U based on my experience, u may not feel the side effects now, but on a later age U will feel tired easily..aching here & there🤣 just sharing my experience tho... or maybe what I can suggest if U really don't want to do the massage, is to drink more traditional herbs (jamu)

i didn't go for postnatal massage or engaged any confinement care. i'm all good and recovered fast. out and about (bringing my baby for walks) on my 6th day after giving birth. my baby tummy pooch not completelt gone but reduced after a couple of months. it really depends on individual and if u have a budget.

The reason why we have confinement and post natal massage is to heal properly, ensuring after birth your body gets to rest. PN massage is necessary to allow the professional to tackle the body parts that are painful, aches, requires adjustment and loosen the tense muscle and joints.

I did it and I think it does help! My friend’s one is more drastic, can really see the difference cos for hers her belly was still quite big after giving birth. Mine went down quite a bit so the difference is less

I had a great deal ($500+ for 7 sessions) hence I went for it. It helped me lose weight / water retention rapidly and I got back into shape almost right away.

up to individual and budget. i did not engage CN or massage. but this time round will do so as old lioa

Depends on your budget but good to have. Esp if you go thru csect.

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles