My son already 15 months old and I already 33 year later old when would be the best time to have another baby so that it would be easier to manage?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Some stats to consider 1. Waiting 18 months to 23 months after the birth of your last child before conceiving another seems best for the new baby's health, according to several studies. 2. A gap of less than 17 months carries an increased risk of your baby being premature and underweight. These risks are highest for babies conceived less than six months after the birth of a previous child. 3. Babies conceived more than five years after your previous child may also face an increased risk of being premature and underweight. 4. A 2011 study found children conceived within one year after their mother gave birth were at increased risk for autism. 5. The March of Dimes, an organization that aims to prevent premature birth, recommends women wait at least 18 months after the birth of a child before becoming pregnant again. 6. One of the public health goals of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (called Healthy People 2020) is to reduce the percentage of pregnancies conceived within 18 months of a previous birth from 35 percent to 32 percent by 2020. So by looking at science I would reckon wait for at least 18 months and not more than 5 years. Then you need to consider how many children you want and how economically viable it is for you to have 2 kids (or more). If you are average household income, I suggest to conceive in about a year so that by the time baby arrives, the eldest will be slightly over 3, so you can hand me down things like baby cot, stroller, car seat etc, instead of having to buy 2 of everything.

Read more