Asking muslimah mummies

Any muslimah mummies care to share how you keep your aurat during labour? As in when you’re wearing the gown. I’m due to give birth at KKH. But not sure if there’s any protocol. Thanks in advance!

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My colleague wore her tudung during labour and until she gave birth. The nurses asked her to remove but the doc told her it’s okay, doesn’t affect the birth of baby in any way unless you’re having fever then they may need to put wet tissues on you to keep your temperature down. Usually in delivery suite, you’ll be alone with your husband. Only nurses and docs will come in to check on you. Most nurses are all females. I didn’t encounter any male nurses but my docs were male. After birth, you may want to wear your tudung and cardigan and get someone to help you cover your legs with the blanket. That’s if you’re going for normal or elective c-sect delivery. If you happen to go for emergency c-sect then you can request to wear the tudung while they cut you open. In Shaa Allah, your affairs will be eased.

Read more

Ask for long sleeves