Your post delivery care plans?

Hi all mums to be, My MIL has offered to do my confinement for me, we haven’t talked much about the details yet, but from what I gather, it seems like she is willing to handle the cooking side of things. I don’t expect her to help out in the night feeds or stay over honestly, cause she still has my FIL to take care of. For those of you who had family members who offered help, did you stick with this or hire a confinement nanny for additional help?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had the same problem as you. My MIL also offered to do confinement for me but she didn't really goes into details what will she be doing or helping during the period of time for my recovering. My husband suggest that we should get a confinement nanny for me to regain back the energy & strength and also learn tips on how to handle newborn from the confinement nanny better than your MIL or other relatives myth that was 25-30years ago. Some don't even apply to this date. I've been looking at PEM confinement nanny which they listed about 4k+ for a nanny for about 28days. We will be considering this. Would rather spend abit more of the money for me to recover well and have sufficient rest than to suffer post pregnancy depression as it's my first time pregnancy. Hope it helps!

Read more
1y trước

Thanks! It helped me to ask my MIL what exactly she meant by “confinement care” - turns out, she meant doing the cooking & preparing the herbal bath. She’s leaving it up to me to decide if I need her for the nights, but currently I’m leaning no so that she gets adequate rest.. may get my mum over for the night shift. Haven’t decided that yet. My MIL also signed up for the confinement nanny training at TMC (skillsfuture subsidised haha) so that’s cool. All the best to you too and thanks for the reply!

no CN, no help from family. ordered confinement Tingkat