How long does your first menses last

Hi mums, I am having my first born in early Dec but I’m wonder how long does your first heavy menses last for natural birth mummies? I am not sure how many maternity pad should I buy. Thanks!

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You mean the bleeding after birth? Mine was quite heavy for my previous pregnancies. Whenever I stand up or lie down blood will drip and I will stain my clothes. Back then the largest size for normal pad is not like today so I relied more on maternity pads. But they're uncomfortable as they stick to your skin unlike the normal pads. Gave birth again this year on Feb and I was given clot jabs. Amazingly my bleeding was so, so much lesser than what I had before. Before birth I bought the largest size pad but then I didn't quite use them but the normal size pad with wings. Just buy the normal pad that you normally use but get the big size and just in case the normal size too.

Read more
3y trước

Thank you!

I only use the maternity pad in hospital and switch to my own one after that. one way to prevent leakage is to use 2 pad instead of one, sticking them front and back. the nurses in hospital even use 3 pad to prevent leakage.

Read more

I regret buying maternity pad actually. The only time i used was only in hospital. After that i changed to use my own laurier 40cm pad.

3y trước

I tink it depends on individual. Mine keeps coming quite a lot... even with 40cm i am sometimes worried and may stick a shorter one behind in case its too much..

Mine about 20 days. I used maternity pad only for few days then continue with regular pad.

3y trước

Thank you mummy!