Vagina infection

HI mummy, I received a call from KKH on being positive for Gardnerella Vaginalis (after having brown discharge and done a vaginal swab and was also prescribed with Utrogesta). When I went down to the clinic, The doctor answer was like very vague , he said this is common and has no impact to the baby and even after eating, it will not be 100% cured, I can still be positive for GV. If the brown discharge is bothering me , I can eat the pills. Then, what's the point of eating anti biotic? I am just afraid it will harm the baby.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

While it does not affect baby, the infection can lead to itch and discomfort at the vaginal area. If it gets worst, you may feel some swelling around the area too. Therefore the antibiotics would help. Not sure why your doc says it will still be there. I think what he probably meant is that once you had such infections before, you are more prone to it. I follow up at kkh and had this infection twice during pregnancy. Once at 10 weeks with brown discharge, cleared up with one wk of antibiotics. Second time at 30 weeks, couldn’t clear with oral antibiotics so the gynae prescribed a vaginal pessary to insert for five days and it eventually cleared up. I had itch the second time and the pessary helped to clear it up. So it does come back. But the antibiotics does help to clear up the current infection to prevent further discomfort.

Read more
2y trước

No it doesn’t harm the baby at all. Not to worry. You should take the antibiotics. You need to feel comfortable in order to feel less anxious about your baby. If you dont take and keep having infection, wouldn’t you be constantly more worried if your discomfort is a discomfort for baby too? So i’d say, take the antibiotics for your sake and your baby’s sake. Since it’s prescribed by gynae, they are experienced. It is important to trust your gynae as they do everything at your best interest. No gynae would harm their own reputation by prescribing something that isn’t safe for you and your baby. If you are concerned, you should raise all your questions directly at the gynae too, so that they can give a fuller explanation. Otherwise, coming home without a clear answer would just cause your more worries.

Taking the meds will definitely help the discomfort and infection so I think what the doc is trying to say is even though by taking meds that does not mean that it will not come back. I have yeast infection every other week since I got pregnant and am currently at 12 weeks still having infection but medication definitely helped ease my itch and discomfort, but I’ve also realised by not wearing panty liner and changing my undies twice a day or when I have too much discharge helps to ease up cause our PH is messed up now due to the pregnancy..

Read more
2y trước

does it harm the baby by eating the antibiotic?

I got it recently during my 1st tri. My gynae mentioned that it is quite common, however it has links to miscarriage, so she advise me to take the antibiotics to clear up the infection to prevent it from worsening. The gynaes will know what medication to provide that is safe for us during pregnancy so don’t have to worry too much :)

Read more
2y trước

have you managed to clear the infection with 1 round of antibiotic? I'm afraid that it can't be cleared and have to take again...

Perhaps this might help to answer your questions. BV/GV is common among pregnant women. Not only this but yeast infection, itchiness, etc. It can be treated if detected early and continue to take your medication prescribe to you. If needed in upcoming check up, your doctor/gynae will do vaginal swab to check on your progress.

Read more
Post reply image

Hi babe! Dont worry abt the meds. It does not affect the baby. I had it throughout my pregnancy.

Influencer của TAP

Hi