Prenatal checks cost

Hello Mummies! FTM here. I’m a little confused over the private doctors who has their own clinic for example at Mt A / Mt E etc and the doctors are public hospital. The costs are not that different right? I saw someone saying KKH hospital’s consultation charges are also quite expensive? If so, can someone help to explain what the differences are other than the waiting time ?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

From what I know from my friends who went public vs my own experience with a private clinic doctor, usually public doctors take ultrasound quite sparingly, so I'm not sure how do they check on the health of the baby, but for my case, I do have an ultrasound taken during every gynae visit at the private clinic. Cost-wise, I think both public and private doctors charge around the same - around $100 + GST just for doctor's consultation, and another $100+ (thereabout) for ultrasound. Because public hospitals don't take ultrasound often, so maybe the cost per visit is only $100+ whereas mine cost $200+ because of the inclusion of ultrasound. Wait-wise, it can be 2-3 hours just to see the doctor, and additional 1 hour if you need to do a scan at KKH while I have never waited more than 30 mins for my own appointment at the private clinic.

Read more