Refusing milk after starting solids

Hello mummies, any of your babies start to refuse milk after starting solids? My 7.5mo baby just fights to drink milk and doesn’t seem to cry for milk as much anymore. She can be without milk for 8 hours?! I try to feed her worrying that she’s not drinking enough nutrients but it’s so hard when she keeps struggling and crying. I am mostly dreamfeeding her to top up. Feeling so lost 😭 Is this common? Is it a concern? What should I do?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello mummy! My baby started solid when he’s 6 months. At times too he will refuse his milk! Crying so badly! He wasn’t a big drinker since small, at most up till now (6m+) he will drink like 120ml every three hourly. Now with solid, two feeds were drop and he will have like at 4-5times milk time only and that too, depends on his mood to drink complete 120. Referred him to paediatric, advise to change formula milk but nothing changed! 😭 baby still on off refuse milk. I totally understand your concern 😭😭 So now if my baby refuse milk or drink abit only, I will mix milk with his cereals for dinner. At most 90ml milk with the cereal

Read more
1t trước

Omg that’s totally how my baby is like. She is also drinking 120mls all these while. Thank you for sharing… I feel less alone 😭 The struggle of feeding her, worries if she is not drinking enough and guilt of forcing her to drink until she cries a lot during feeding… it’s just so hard! Yes that’s what I try to do too, mix formula milk with her solids to ensure the nutrients intake. I also seen PD once and she just said as long as she has wet diapers and is still gaining weight, there’s no issue… even if her intake is 400+ mls a day only? I trust the PD but sometimes seeing the low intake still worries me so I try to dream feed her to top up at night. Jiayou mama! Hope we take heart that our babies know what they need 🙆🏻‍♀️

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-5233231)