Baby Expo Warehouse Sales (Scam)

Hi Mummies, Just wanted to raise awareness about this "Baby Expo" Warehouse Sales at 1 Jalan Wangi facebook group to avoid Mummies from making a wasted trip with a shockingly rude and disappointing experience. It was mentioned on their facebook pg that they only welcome genuine buyers and that buyers should visit if you want to make a purchase. However, their description on their expectations of genuine buyers is ambiguous and this is definitely a business operating model that I don't think any businesses have taken on. As such, I would like to take this opportunity to define what their interpretation of "genuine buyer" is: 1. Be prepared to receive one warning to start purchasing things within the first five minutes once you step into the shop. 2. If you're still not purchasing anything within 10 minutes, you're deemed as window shopping (even if you needed time to look through the stuffs and is genuinely deciding what to buy) and there is a grumpy staff/boss lady who will send you out of the store in a rude manner. Here's the quote of her exact words and actions: Her: "No window shopping are allowed." Me: "But how do I know what I want to buy if I'm not even given the time to look around?" Her: "I only entertain customers who makes large purchases, all those customers who came already know what they want and have made $200, $700 plus of purchases with me. Look at my paynow account, 不是骗的。我不缺你的生意。” All in all, it was a disappointing experience for me and my hubby as we had took the time and effort to come down and visit their shop in hope of purchasing whatever we need for the arrival of our baby. I understand their business intent of forcing buyers into impulse purchase by using such practice, however, it is not right to advertise their business with ambiguous terms on what "genuine buyers" are to them, attracting customers to come down to their shop only to be kicked out if they did not meet their definition of what "genuine buyers" is. Since they are not afraid to tell customers that they have no lack of big businesses, I think it's only fair to the customers if they had depicted clearly and specifically on what their expectation of "genuine buyers" is, thus preventing loss of time on the customer's side and the unhappy experience that both sides have to receive. There were many ways that they could have advertised themselves in a way that they had wanted to present themselves, such as stating that they were wholesale retailers who only entertain large purchases, or even requesting for a list of pre-order items to be made before coming down to the shop. Perhaps, they were unable to express their stand clearly because they lack the language ability to do so? Hence, I hope by highlighting my experience here can help to prevent future victims. 🙏🏻

Baby Expo Warehouse Sales (Scam)
4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

😲