Fetus weight

HI, any mummies also visit kkh for pregnancy check up? I realize the last check on fetus weight is at week 35 and thereafter its always just normal doctor routine check. No more scanning of fetus weight..😔

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Aww I feel you cause I just went for my 38 weeks check today (8 Oct) at KKH and they didn’t check the baby’s weight. Just the doppler to hear baby’s heart rate. Really disappointed as I was looking forward to see my baby during my last days of pregnancy. My third trimester scans was about 29w 5d (8 Aug) and baby was in breech position weighing 1.6kg and then at 36w 3d (24 Sept) baby turned head down weighing 3.1kg. In between I had 2 appts on 14 Aug and 2 Sept both of which were routine checks (doppler to hear baby’s heart rate) and I felt that it was a waste of time and money. Really curious to know what’s baby’s weight but I guess I won’t know till my next appt on 15 Oct and that is if I haven’t given birth yet! In total since my first appt, I had 6 scans so far. 3 done at AMC and 3 done at ADC and I’m under subsidised patient.

Read more
4y trước

These are my KKH Consultations and costs I’ve spent under subsidy. It has already exceeded the $900 Medisave reimbursement, so boohoo. 😩 ✅26 Feb - 1st scan @ AMC (can’t rmbr) ✅30 Mar - 2nd scan 10w 7d @ AMC ($135.16) ✅9 Apr - Down Syndrome Test 12w 3d @ ADC ($285.50) ✅4 May - Doppler for heart rate 15w 7d ($47) ✅11 June - Gender Reveal 21w 3d @ ADC ($131.36) ✅14 July - OGTT 26w ($83.50) ✅8 Aug - Breech 29w 5d @ ADC ($63) ✅12 Aug - Doppler for heart rate 30w 2d ($62.36) ✅2 Sept - Doppler for heart rate 33w 2d, scheduled C-sect on 14 Oct ($47) ✅24 Sept - Baby head down 36w 3d @ AMC, c-sect cancelled, swab test for bacteria ($147) ✅8 Oct - Doppler for heart rate 38w 3d ($47) 15 Oct - will be 39w 3d 19 Oct - EDD

Hey mummy! I have a scan every check-Up under KKH. My gynae will estimate the weight of the baby every check and to see if the baby is at the right position 😊 my last scan/check was at 38weeks which I was admitted straight to the delivery suite after!

4y trước

Oh I forgot to mention, I’m under private maybe that’s why I had a scan every visit. anyway good luck mummy!! 😊

Yes you only get 4 scans through out your pregnancy.