Hi mummies.. do ur 1 yr old drastically decrease milk intake? My boy is drinking 50ml on avg every 5-6 hrs. This is the 3rd day alr and im getting worried as he has been below the 3rd percentile on growth chart since born. He is on porridge and rice cereal for lunch n bfast also but only just sips of water during these 2 meals. Is this normal? He is seeing kkh pd but we dnt hv any session until next mth.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi there, yes it could be due to your little one pefering solids rather than milk. and the aim is for 1 year old to have more solids and much lesser of milk. but considering him being on the small size, i suggest u feed him 3 meals a day and increase the portions and be very selective in what u feed him so that he can have a varied meal. by 1 year old, they should be on 3 meals already. rice cereal should also have additional flavours or things added like puree or something. porridge - have to add meats and veg(like broccoli carrot spinach). there should be enough carbo, protein and fats and also don't forget the iron and the calcium too! use fm for the cereals if milk is missing

Read more

Yes dear, perhaps you want to increase the amount of solid. Feed him breakfast, lunch, tea break amd dinner. Moniter to see if his intake of solid increases. And if he sti takes milk. Some kids prefer solids. Wheras mine simply loves his milk too mucj that he refuses solids.

thanks