Postpartum

Hi mummies, those with stitches after birth how did you all sit down at home? Did you use anything to support while sitting down? Cos it's very painful to sit! And how to heal it fast? Thank you.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

I took all my painkillers round the clock the first week 😅. My sofa which I used for breastfeeding is very soft, which helped. But actually for healing, you should keep the wound clean and dry, and try not to split the wound apart or cause any trauma to it.. so try not to sit on it for too long.. either lie down or stand up, or sit to the side. Be gentle when going to the toilet too. Try not to strain or wipe too hard, and don’t sit on the toilet bowl for too long.. that causes strain on the wound. The pain gets much better after the first 10-14 days if the wound’s healing well. Take your painkillers and hang in there!

Read more
Thành viên VIP

I didn’t use any. Just make sure I sit very slowly and as for the healing I use perineal spray that my hospital charged to my bill and baneocin powder that my gynae gave. Every morning and night I will clean it with bidet then dry with toilet paper. Then I’ll spray the perineal spray. Pour abit of baneocin powder to toilet paper and dap it around the stitches area. If just pee I will stil clean it with bidet then dry it and use perineal spray. My stitches healed within a week and I did not take any painkillers.

Read more

I sat down as per normal though it hurts sometimes. Was given perineal spray and salt to soak the wound (shallow basic tub for u to sit on to soak perineal wound) thrice a day (only did once to twice daily cos was too occupied with new routines with LO and pumping). Wound healed within 10-14 days and I didn't complete the painkillers too. Nanny shared that some mummies use the neck cushion to sit on during the healing. It's up to you really. :)

Read more

I used neck pillow (those u shape) then can adjust accordingly to your comfort level. Wash after every change of pad or urine and pat dry, to ensure wound is not exposed to any moisture. I didnt take any painkillers because it doesnt help. Some hospitals or pharmacies sell cold compress pad that shapes like a pad, that helps too. I think 3 pieces for about 20 dollars.

Read more

My pain was quite bad.. Gynea said my tear is not big. My baby is 2.79kg when birth. Maybe my pain threshold is low, but I had piles. It took be 3 weeks to feel not pain. I took pain killers, have the doughnut cushion, used sitz bath, and ice my vagina =. = I used surgical gloves, put water inside and place in freezer.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

I just sit down slowly. I didn’t use anything to support when sitting down. But I used curacao topical spray twice daily. Mine wasn’t very painful to begin with, more of discomfort. But totally no pain and no discomfort after 2 weeks.

Thành viên VIP

I used a small swimming float to sit down at home. You can wear a belly binder as it would help with the weight too and support your tummy. Keep the wound clean and dry for it to heal fast. If it’s too painful, do eat the painkillers.

Sit on a soft cushion. Try to lie down and not sit too Long. Can use warm water to wash few times a day and make sure the wound are dry. Take care

Try padsical. You can google it. Heard that it helps but didnt try as i had csect

Mine was normal Not that bad Took about 1 week