I'm nearing my labour soon..

Mummies out there, I need more knowledge on what will happen to me. Yesterday was my appointment with my gynae, and she said I'm already 1cm dilated. But I don't need to be admitted until I'm about 3-4 cm dilated then they will admit me. I'm just keeping track of my contraction at home and watching out for stronger and more frequent contractions so that i can rush to hospital. My worry is, what if once I'm at the hospital, the doctor says I will need to wait till I'm 10cm dilated right?? Where will they keep me? At labour ward or delivery ward? Can husband be with me even after visiting hours? What if i don't dilate 10cm before visiting hours? Will husband be told to go back home? I'm seeing kkh hospital and I will be taking the b class ward subsided. I'm so worried on how my labour experience is gonna be. I don't want to be going through it alone. I really hope my husband can be beside me through out. #1stimemom #advicepls #firstbaby #pleasehelp #pregnancy

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Of course you will have to wait until 10cm dilated to push your baby out. You will not be allowed to push your baby out below 10cm. Once u reached at the hospital with an active labour meaning frequent contractions or your waterbag has burst (u can delay this part for a bit like wash and eat first but not for too long afraid of infection or your amniotic fluid will be low) and already dilated usually at 3cm they will keep u at the delivery room until u give birth. Yes, your husband can be with u in the room throughout no matter visiting hours or not. Only for the delivery room, not in the maternity ward. If you're not in an active labour you will be ask to go home and monitor. So wait for the contractions to be frequent like 10 mins apart to head down to the hospital. I will not wait until 2-5 mins afraid that I will give birth on the way there. By then the pain will also be unbearable already. Contraction pain varies for every mums. Just so u know, epidural helps you to dilate fast so opt for that if u want. Normally for first baby, the delivery will take long but I'll say it really depends on how much you've dilated. I gave birth within 6 hrs for my 1st child. I had diarrhea and mild contractions then bloody show when I reached KKH then got to know I was already 3cm dilated.

Read more