what to do?

Hi mummies, my newborn baby gets very impatient when she doesn't get her milk. She couldn't even wait for a while and screams like as though she has been starved for very long. What can I do in this case?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Same here! I did offer him my boobs first 2 weeks during the day despite his wailing and screaming. But my letdown was too fast and his tiny mouth wasn't helping. And then, i gave up and now i become an exclusive pumper. Now and then i still try to offer my boobs for him to nurse 5mins a day for comfort, hoping oneday he can fully latch on.jiayou!

Read more
5y trước

Yeah, need to trial test and see which way helps.

Thành viên VIP

Look out for timing and prepare earlier and wake her up for milk. Dun worry about the crying, dont be too worried and take care of your own emotional and mental health. Tell urself that crying baby is not a big thing, jus have to bare with them and give what they possibly wanted. (This is what I do and tell my wife)

Read more
5y trước

Hmm okay shall try out

Thành viên VIP

Same here. What I do is to keep a lookout for early hunger cues such as rooting and sucking of fingers.

Super Mom

We'd start preparing ebm when we noticed early hunger cues. When they explode, nothing can stop them 😣

5y trước

Turning head/rooting esp

Thành viên VIP

My LO is like that too. But no choice. I will boil water and heat her EBM rather than using warmer..

5y trước

Mine too. So, I actually give up. (Sorry, I wasn’t a good example) haha. But is best to let her latch :)

Then you can time the feeds instead of waiting for her to cry. Mine is every 2 hrs

Same here. I think 80-90 percents of newborn are like this. Don’t worry hun

Thành viên VIP

Mine too! I’ll heat up EBM before she starts crying