Pregnancy Supplements

Hi Mummies, I’m a sub patient at NUH currently week 8. Doctor only told me to eat Folic acid. Is that normal? I am in a group chat with same EDD mummies and they are eating blackmores pregnancy vitamins, iron, calcium pills too? Currently I’m taking fish oil, folic acid and iron. Only folic acid was requested by doc. I’ve been taking fish oil even before I got pregnant. My next visit is in Nov, and I just wanna know if I should buy the pregnancy multivitamins first or should I wait till I’m 12 wks to ask the doc at my next visit? #pleasehelp

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was sub patient at NUH too. I also took folic acid only in first trimester. Then doctor will prescribe multivitamin from second trimester onwards. I had the same worries as you when I knew other mummies were taking many types of vitamin but every time the gynae at NUH said I don’t have to. Don’t worry mummy! My baby is healthy and fit since born :) Gynae will advise you based on your health condition, if they don’t ask u to take other supplement, means you are healthy!

Read more