Cerelac at 4 months

Hi mummies, im in a dilemma here. Both mothers said to me my LO can have a bit of cerealac once LO reaches 4months and I’ve forgotten to ask the paediatrician whether my LO can take cerealac. But after reading articles that babies should be introduced to solids when they are at 6 months im like worried if i made a wrong decision. I want to listen to the doctors but both mothers are telling me its fine, help me. I’ve not yet fed her fyi

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

Each baby is different, 4-6 months is generally OK to start on solids though you should try very small amount at first and monitor baby's reaction / diaper output. Generally if they are willing to swallow and not push the spoon out its a good sign.

Wait until 6 months. Better be safe than sorry even if LO can sit up on their own alrdy. Anyway from what I know, Cerelac is not good as it contains sugar and might cause constipation. I would recommend Healthy Times brand, totally sugar free.

I'll wait till 6 months. The elders tend to have a mentality that we can and should start from 4 months..My mum is the same too! But I insist in feeding solids after 6 months

Super Mom

You will know your baby is ready if your baby 1. Is able to maintain a steady, upright position. 2. Is curious about what you are eating. 3. Has gained a healthy weight.

Read more
Super Mom

If your child is ready, you can start as early as 4 months. If not best to wait till 6months before introducing.

My Mother in law who is a midwife said better to start at 6 months so I’m keeping to that :)

Yes actually can But depends on lo Whether they want Can try abit If not wait till 6 months

Read more

I started when 5 mths. Pd said as Long as baby neck is stable. Can start to feed.

Thành viên VIP

I only started giving solids after 6mo just to play safe.

Thành viên VIP

to be safe then sorry, I'll wait until 6 months