Medicine for flu

Hi all mummies! I’m having super bad running/block nose. Do your know what kind of medicine can we consume during pregnancy?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi! I had a phase of really bad blocked nose / runny nose during pregnancy too. Chlorpheniramine is the preferred antihistamine for pregnancy. I did check with a GP and did my own search on medical journals. It's unclear if the newer generations of antihistamines would have an impact on the fetus (since there isn't really a good way to do any clinical trial on pregnant women). This list of safer meds is also available on healthhub: https://www.healthhub.sg/live-healthy/1051/safe-use-of-medicines-during-pregnancy I found warm compress on my face really helpful too. Would be helpful to check with your GP at least. Hope you feel better soon!

Read more
Super Mom

Hi dear, normal antihistamines are usuallt safe, but in a time like this, I would say please go see a doctor, to ensure that it’s just a cold and not something more serious. Let the doctor know that you’re pregnant. Rest well and keep warm!