Medisave Maternity Package in NUH

Hi mummies. im giving birth in November soon, i just want to understand how does it work? i understand we can claim $900 for the prenatals check-ups. will we get it by cheque? if yes, how long does it take? and for the delivery charges, we do have a withdrawal limit to use medisave but i heard from my friends that it can be reimbursed by cheque too? i dont understand so please help me out. thank you so much!#pleasehelp #FTM

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

All charges will be finalized after birth. So, once you're discharged go to admission centre, settle the necessary (during my time I was ask to go admission centre, not to sure of now. Pardon me if it is incorrect) Whatever cost incurred will be deducted through Medisave, thereafter will be charged in other payment method if any balance. All PN Check Up will then be reimbursed through Cheque and will take two three weeks before sending to you via mail. You may request for hard copy bill should they send you soft copy. This is to ensure the final bill stated with break down of cost including PN Check up Total Cost.

Read more
9mo trước

hi, how much deposit did you have to put before the delivery? currently im under private in NUH

I think it depends on your bill. I gave birth in TMC, my $900 MMP was deducted from my total hospital bill. Total hospital bill was $8K after $900 MMP deduction and I was only allowed to deduct $4K from medisave and balance by cash/card. So in short, if you’re under private, you most probably will not have any reimbursement to get back after all the deductions. If you’re going via the sub route, you’ll most likely have a balance after deducting everything which will be reimbursed by cash cheque (not sure of the processing duration).

Read more